The Rosalind Sharbanee Meyer Encouragement Award 2014
The Society of Women Writers NSW is offering an encouragement award of $1,000 for an unpublished manuscript on any subject.
This award has been generously donated by SWW Life Member Rosalind Meyer, author of A Window into Schizophrenia and Rosie’s War, in memory of her son.
The manuscript can be fiction or non-fiction and in any genre but should be substantially developed and have been through some revision.
Due Date: 11 June 2014 (no later than 5pm)
Announcement of Winner: 12 November 2014
FIVE REQUIREMENTS for ENTRY
1. Membership of Society of Women Writers NSW
2. Manuscript Submission Requirements
• Manuscript in hard copy
• Minimum of 40,000 words
• Times New Roman font size 12
• Double spaced, single-sided, not stapled
• Pages numbered
• NO author identification on the manuscript title page
• Manuscripts submitted will not be returned
• 500 words
• Brief outline of the story or subject
• Intended audience
4. Author Biography
• Previously published/writing history
• Any awards received
• Writing courses or workshops undertaken
5. Completed Application Form
Entry Fee: $35.00
Non-members of SWW are welcome to enter after becoming a member, to meet the eligibility requirement.
Relevant fees are:
$100 full membership- includes entry fee of $35; full membership fee $50; once-only joining fee $15.
$90 concessional membership – includes entry fee $35; concessional membership fee $40 (only available with a Pension card number); once-only joining fee $15.
DUE DATE: 11 June 2014 (No later than 5pm )
ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE WINNER: 12 November, 2014
SEND APPLICATIONS TO: The Secretary, Society of Women Writers NSW Inc., GPO Box 1388 Sydney NSW 2001
Please DO NOT EMAIL applications