Due to Bush Fire Emergency, this weekend had to be cancelled.
Has been re-scheduled weekend 16th to 15 March 2014.
Be inspired by 9 outstanding women Speakers and Presenters plus other writers who will join you over the weekend. Skill-up and learn about new genres, workshop, network and further your writing in a glorious setting for writers and writing, at the Brahma Kumaris Inner Space Retreat Centre, at Wilton NSW.
Inspiration, natural beauty and camaraderie of fellow writers combined to make the Society of Women Writers’ retreat a weekend to remember. The venue was the spectacularly beautiful and peaceful Brahma Kumaris Inner Space Centre Wilton. It beats a conference centre hands down with its meditations, bush walks and fantastic food. The SWW Committee organised some of Australia’s top writers, poets, editors and presenters to inspire and inform participants. I’d vouch that everyone came away from the weekend rested, energised and ready to write the next literary classic or bestseller. - Vicki Stanton, participant 2011 weekend (Editor/Publisher/Writer, Buzz Words www.buzzwordsmagazine.com).
- Guided walks in the gardens or meditation to begin the day and ‘Shibashi’ – a gentle exercise to relax you before lunch.
- An opportunity to pitch your book to a publisher and a critiquing session on your ‘First Page’.
- Nine wonderful speakers to inspire you covering a wide array of genres, including crime and speculative fiction, non-fiction writing and historical research.
- Commencing with a multi-media show on Suffragettes.
Big Sky Publishing Pitch Perfect Workshop
To be considered for a pitch and help us plan the workshop, please email an Expression of Interest with your contact details and a synopsis of your book by 23 August 2013 to: Sharon at BigSky Publishing | 02 9918 2168 | www.bigskypublishing.com.au
Big Sky Publishing Pitch Perfect Workshop will consist of three parts:
- A workshop on how to elevate your book off the desk and into the bookstore. Topics covered will include: covering market insights; tips to make your book stand out; marketing yourself and your book; utilising social media to get an edge; digital publishing opportunities.
- Practice in writing and delivering pitches.
- The opportunity for authors to pitch their books. Each pitch will be limited to 5 minutes, including Q & A.
Though not necessary to be considered for a pitch, if you have written at least 4 chapters of the book you intend to pitch it would assist the publisher assess your manuscript if you provided the following information to them by 13 September 2013.
- One-page synopsis of the manuscript;
- First 4 chapters printed on A4 paper (double spaced, typed on one side);
- Market Analysis: a one-page review of any books already published that cover a similar topic and an outline of how your proposal differs;
- Covering letter outlining the author’s writing experience, previous publications if any, work and relevant life details. If the manuscript targets a specific market, please give a brief description of the intended readership.
‘Your First Page Workshop’ chaired by Susanne Gervay
You’ve written your manuscript. Ready to go, but what about your first page? If the first page doesn’t engage a publisher, editor, reader, the manuscript will probably not be read.
To Submit Your First Page at the Writers Weekend, it must be formatted as follows:
Title of Story. Use Times New Roman font, size 12 and double-spaced. You can choose to put your name on it or remain anonymous.
Conditions: Only 10 first pages will be discussed. When booking for the Writing Weekend, please advise if you wish to submit a first page. If there are more than 10 entries, selection of first pages will be at random. Only one submission will be accepted per registered weekend participant. Print 25 copies to hand out to other delegates. Only verbal critiques will be given to participants who must be present at SWW October weekend.
Enquiries and bookings for Women Writers’ Weekend:
Pam Bayfield, Phone: 02 – 9913 1147 E-mail: Pam Bayfield here
Click Here For information on our Speakers and Workshop Presenters
or click Women Writers’ Weekend on the Menu at left side bar.