A Women Writer’s Residency
The Di Yerbury Society of Women Writers’ Residency 2016
The Society of Women Writers is offering an amazing opportunity in the form of a UK residency, to a female writer. This residency has been generously donated by our patron, Professor Di Yerbury.
The residency is located in the beautiful North Devon town of Barnstaple. As a major tourist centre, it has excellent public transport and car access to the moors, famous beaches and very pretty villages.
To Apply You Must Satisfy the Following Criteria:
• Be a member of the Society of Women Writers (NSW) for at least three months at the time of submitting your application. So make sure you join by December 2015, if you are not already a member.
• Be over 55 years of age at the time of taking up the residency.
• Be researching or writing a manuscript either fiction or non-fiction that is set in or linked to the United Kingdom.
Requirements: (either hard copy or email attachment)
• a copy of your CV (no more than one A4 page)
• a summary of your proposed manuscript (500 words)
• a chapter of a previous book or a short story or an article you have written.
• a review of one of your books or other publications.
What is Offered:
The successful applicant will be offered accommodation in a comfortably furnished one-bedroom apartment for over 55s in the town of Barnstaple, North Devon for a period of up to three months from June 20th to September 19, 2016. Electricity and phone calls are included as part of the residency.
What is Not Included:
Airfares, including travel insurance, domestic travel costs and meal allowance, will not be covered by the residency. These costs will need to be meet by the recipient for the period of her stay or she should seek funding from other agencies to assist with these expenses.
Upon completing the residency the recipient will be required to give an address to the members of the Society of Women Writers (NSW) at a literary lunch in 2016. A written report of approximately 2,000 words will be required, to be published in the Society’s magazine Women’s Ink!
Non-members of SWW are welcome to enter after becoming a member however you need to join by December 2015 to meet the three month eligibility requirement.
To DOWNLOAD the ENTRY FORM CLICK HERE
DUE DATE: 6 March 2016. No later than 5pm
ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE WINNER: 13 April 2016